Wednesday, June 04, 2014

The personal is not always political

After much dithering, I have decided to use three separate Twitter accounts: @arks_remarks for political or philosophical observations, @Koenig_Software for comments about software, and @andrew_koenig for personal stuff.

Here’s why. I know that many of my friends do not share my political opinions, and I don’t want to interfere with my interactions with them in other regards, such as photography or music. Similarly, I don’t want to bother people interested in conversing about software with, say, my bodypainting photos.

I think it’s a bit of a shame that I have to partition my thinking this way, but every time I’ve thought about returning to this blog without such partitioning, I’ve become uncomfortable enough that I’ve turned away. So we’ll see if it works this time.

No comments: